Kuala Lumpur Cultural & Heritage Tour
Kuala Lumpur is an exciting cosmopolitan city with a mixture of colourful cultures of the Malays, Chinese and Indians. This heritage tour will provide an insight into the history and rich cultural tradition of each race that made "Malaysia Truly Asia".
Chan See Shu Yuen Clan House was the original house of the Chinese Chan Association in 1896. It used to be a welcome refuge to Chinese immigrants who were new to Malaysia. The construction began in 1987 and lasted a decade! At the temple main entrance, two fierce-looking stone lions greeted visitors. The temple is also known as the Green Temple with its curved ceramic green tiles set in a wave pattern. This temple is one of the most beautiful Chinese temples in the city with its wooden cravings, dragons and phoenix images and Chinese symbols like lotuses, peaches and plums.
Sri Maha Mariamman Temple is the oldest and richest temple in Kuala Lumpur. It was built in 1968 to worship Goddess Mariamman regarded as the "guardian angel" of Indians living overseas. Sri Maha Mariamman Temple has a fascinating 22.9 meter high five tiered pyramid shaped tower adorned with 228 Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
China Town or locally known as Petaling Street is a vibrant and lively place for bargain hunting or simply eating! Close to Chinatown is Central Market, a-120 years old building transformed into a hub for Malaysian arts and handicrafts. Kebaya, Songket and Batik are abundantly available here.
Other historical landmarks covered in this heritage tour includes Sze Yeh Temple, believed to be the oldest Chinese temple in Chinatown, Masjid Jamek, the famous Friday Mosque for the locals and Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad, the most popular tourist attraction place in Kuala Lumpur.
Depart from the tour departure point and proceed to the Chan See Shu Yuen Clan House, Chinatown, Central Market, Sri Maha Mariamman Temple, Sze Yeh Temple, Jamek Mosque and Sultan Abdul Samad Building.
Try your bargaining skills at Chinatown and shop for authentic local handicrafts at Central Market. Be in awe with the magnificent and splendour of the Chinese and Indian temples and the Muslim holy mosque. Don't forget to take photo shots of the stunning historical landmarks in Kuala Lumpur for ever-lasting memory of this beautiful country!
- Tour booking requires a minimum of two (2) adults.
- Private tour can be arranged at additional surcharge.
- Price is inclusive of lunch.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, light clothing and bring a hat.
The tour operator reserves the right to adjust the itinerary or cancel the tour due to weather condition for the best interest of all parties involved
Complimentary for children below 3 years of age but must travel together with an adult
- Cancellation outside 72 hours prior to departure date - 20% cancellation fee will be chargeable
- Cancellation within 48 hours prior to departure date - 50% cancellation fee will be chargeable
- Cancellation within 24 hours prior to departure date - 100% cancellation fee will be chargeable
- No-show cases - 100% of the tour cost will be chargeable
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Tour starts at 9.00am. Pick-up times are between 8.45am to 9.00am depending on the hotel location and traffic condition.
Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels located at Jalan Bukit Bintang, Jalan Ampang, Jalan Raja Laut, Jalan Sultan Ismail and major hotels within 1km radius from the Malaysia Tourism Centre Jalan Ampang.Please indicate which hotel you are staying at the time of booking and we shall advise you to the nearest and most convenience point for complimentary pick-up.
A surcharge will be applicable for pick-up and drop-off services outside the designated departure point.
- For bookings made more than 72 hours prior to departure date - 20% non-refundable deposit is required.
- For bookings made at least 48 hours prior to departure date – full payment is required.
- All confirmed bookings will be automatically cancelled where the full payment is not received and cleared. Any re-instatement of bookings will be subjected to space availability.
- No refund or discount will be given in part or full for any items not either utilized by choice or circumstance once the tours has commenced.
Ramadhan surcharge of RM30 per pax will be applicable during the month of Ramadhan month.